High CPU Usage

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahh explorer.... i think its just a bug... i get this too

After i go thru some folders using large amounts of memory, my process explorer becomes unstable and i have to restart my computer.

If u have this problem as soon as u start up the computer then its not the same as my prob.

alexsabree said:
ahh explorer.... i think its just a bug... i get this too

After i go thru some folders using large amounts of memory, my process explorer becomes unstable and i have to restart my computer.

If u have this problem as soon as u start up the computer then its not the same as my prob.

It's a constant problem, restarting doesn't do much and at startup it's even higher, but that's to be expected.

1. Try to run some online scans from Panda, Symantec, Kapersky...see if they come up with anything.

2. Turn off your AV software and see if that changes the %.

Did you try doing the following?

1. Try to run some online scans from Panda, Symantec, Kapersky...see if they come up with anything.

2. Turn off your AV software and see if that changes the %.

I have this feeling that your AV software might be stealing a lot of %. Just a guess though.

My friend is having the exact same problem. Does your computer freeze a lot too? Try killing the explorer.exe proccess tree and then starting it again by using task manager, File:: Run - explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom