Not open for further replies.

playkid

Baseband Member
Hello,

Everytime I open my computer, the first thing I see is

NTLDR is missing
Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart
_

Now everytime i restart the computer i always end up on the same screen!

how do i fix this? Please be easy on me, I never opened a pc before.

All i have

- Windows Xp Cd
- Floppy disk (empty)
- Screw drivers
- pop corn and coke

Please tell me how to fix this using the following tools i have??

I changed bios set up, rebooted with windows xp cd in the cd drive. and still nothing happend? it still sends me straight to the error screen. anyone?

1. Insert the Windows XP bootable CD into the computer.
2. When prompted to press any key to boot from the CD, press any key.
3. Once in the Windows XP setup menu press the "R" key to repair Windows.
4. Log into your Windows installation by pressing the "1" key and pressing enter.
5. You will then be prompted for your administrator password, enter that password.
6. Copy the below two files to the root directory of the primary hard disk. In the below example we are copying these files from the CD-ROM drive letter "E". This letter may be different on your computer.

copy e:\i386\ntldr c:\
copy e:\i386\ntdetect.com c:\

7. Once both of these files have been successfully copied, remove the CD from the computer and reboot.

so when you boot up does it say to press any key to boot from cd or does it come straight up with error?

bradybnmci said:
1. Insert the Windows XP bootable CD into the computer.
2. When prompted to press any key to boot from the CD, press any key.
3. Once in the Windows XP setup menu press the "R" key to repair Windows.
4. Log into your Windows installation by pressing the "1" key and pressing enter.
5. You will then be prompted for your administrator password, enter that password.
6. Copy the below two files to the root directory of the primary hard disk. In the below example we are copying these files from the CD-ROM drive letter "E". This letter may be different on your computer.

copy e:\i386\ntldr c:\
copy e:\i386\ntdetect.com c:\

7. Once both of these files have been successfully copied, remove the CD from the computer and reboot.

It doesnt say to press any key to continue, it just goes straight to the error screen

Mentali$T said:
so when you boot up does it say to press any key to boot from cd or does it come straight up with error?

right, it just goes straight to the error

lol then you havent changed the boot sequence. Go into bios and then change the load to cd, floppy then hdd. just select the cd and click the hdd and it will swap them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom