HoT HoT.. Please help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave39

In Runtime
Hey guys! I have a new computer here with an Aspire X Cruiser Case. I have an ATI X1900 XT video card and an AMD X2 4200 CPU. I am concerned about HEAT! Is this going to get to hot? If so, please give me some suggestions for what I can do to allow some better air flow in the case. Thank you.

Download everest or whatever temperature monitor program. Leave your computer in windows for like 10 minutes and record the temp. Then play a game for like 10 minute and record the temp there to. Those would be considered your idle and load temps. Usually your idle temps shouldnt go above 60C for your processor, and hmm how hot do the X1900XT get's im guessing 80C with the stock heatsink.

The first thing to do is ditch the stock HSF on the videocard, and get a Zalman or something. The stock AMD heatsincs are pretty nice, so unless you have problems or want to overclock a lot, don't worry about that. Grab a couple intake/exhaust fans, as big as will fit. Then tidy up your wires however you want to, and you should be all set.

Yea just basically get a few fans clean up the wires and take out any dust, but generally your computer will be fine. If I'm not mistaken your videocard blows heat out of the case through a really cool fan design.

make sure you have an intake and exaust fan and that there arn't a bunch of wires inbetween the intake, mobo, and exaust. this is half the battle of heat management. the other half is the chipset coolers. the Zalman GPU coolers are sweet w/ the 2 heat pipes, i recommend. the thermaltake Big Typhoon is a sweet CPU cooler. of course if your really worried about heat, go with liquid cooling.

i dont think people understand microchips fully. i think people try to baby their computers way too much. i agree with keeping my case cool and all, so i dont burn something up, but i think watercooling is way over the top for X2 4200 and X1900XT. you have to understand that these chips are made to withstand excessive amounts of heat, most are good up to 150 degrees farenheit. i would never get water cooling unless i had a 3.0 ghz+ dual core CPU and two or more vid cards. i think this guy just needs some well placed fans and hes set. keep the stock cooler on that X1900XT, they are very good at moving heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom