$900 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't need this immediately, you might want to consider revising your motherboard, CPU, and memory for Conroe when it comes out in July. They'll have a dual core CPU that can go head-to-head with a 4400+ for not much more than the price of the CPU you want now.
EDIT: That setup is just fine for those games, though. You'll be in good shape. Also, if you want to future-proof a bit, you could consider an AM2 motherboard and the AM2 version of 3500+. (AMD's new architecutre, K8L, will use AM2.)

mobo- good

case- could be better, go with this-http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811119077

PSU- good for now

CPU- good choice

GPU- great choice

RAM- good, but not for overclocking, i assume u wont OC it

hard drive- good, personal preference

optical- sony is fine

even if you dont decide to to upgrade to AM2 or conroe, S939 has tons of upgrades and you can upgrade your whole setup later on.

Well, in that case, I'd modify the build for AM2. Wouldn't add too much. Maybe $50 or so. However, you'd have to change the memory to DDR2, but it's about the same price as DDR. Last comment: You can get a better power supply from Asus for that same price. I'll link in an edit.
EDIT: For optical drives, Samsung is good. Very dependable. Get one of those and save some money.
PSU: Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom