PCI-Extreme = 4x, how big a bottleneck is this

Status
Not open for further replies.
For AGP and a holder card the X1600pro is more of a better deal. I believe if the 7600 fits that you should have no problems. If it dosent, then well you do have a problem lol.

I believe your confused. First of all its G80 and that is the code name for Nvidias next line of PCI-E graphics cards. Only your motherboard is the only thing that dictates what kind of ram you need. If your using AMD then you will need DDR1 for S939 and lower and DDR2 for Socket AM2. For Intel it depends on your platform. Some use DDR and others use DDR2. The only thing you have to worry about is if you have a motherboard that supports PCI-E or not.

PCI Express x16 1x PCI-Extreme (Compatible with most PCI-E x16 graphics cards)

Weird. I'd talk to Newegg, or you can call Biostar and ask them if its a bottleneck. Don't you read reviews before you buy computer hardware?!??!

I bought a x800 gto for $155 with $20 mail in rebate and unlocked the pipes and oc'ed. I also heard x1600 doesnta actually have 16 pipes, only 4 but somehow 16. Someone told me that while getting my x800. After my easy modding and oc'ing its better than a 6800gt or gs. Runs a little hot but with good cooling it doesnt hit over 50 degrees celcius.

Exactly why would it NOT have 16 pipes? If it didnt wouldnt that be false advertising? Yea uh huh. It has 16, and it smokes most budget cards. Also, there is no way an X8** series card is going to smoke my old 6800GT. Guranteed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom