X1900XT or X1800GT or X1800GTO or What ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
003 said:
I will post more later, but guys, I wouldn't be dissing ati. They have one more trick up their sleeve before the R600. (and no it's not that tripple-crossfire physics thingy)

Do I dare guess that you are talking about the R580+? The G80 competition until the R600 comes out?

x1900xtx...if nVidia cards could only do what ATI cards can...a few extra fps isn't worth the sacrifice of having to choose one option or the other.

the only gripes i have with ATI are that to get say the x1900xt in australia the cheapest price i can get is about $140 more than a 7900gt and the driver support is shocking. i mean whats the use of having more shaders etc if the drivers don't even allow you to use them in half of games. look up the support of features on ATI cards and you might get a shock.

WOW some of u ppl need to stop dissin ATI and their drivers! You wanna kno what nvidia drivers do to my comp when i update them cuz i cant play certain games without them.... I CANT LOG INTO WINDOWS AFTER I RESTART!! SO I HAVE TO WIPE MY HD!!! THERES MY EXPERIENCE WITH NVIDIA AFTER HAVIN ATI CARDS ALL MY LIFE (everywhere from my 64MB PCI card in my old gateway to my old X700 AGP)

7950..................ATI can't even get close to this card!!!

are you kidding...... a single X1900XTX beat it in mostly every benchmark cept those at huge resolutions that only rich hard-core times 1000 gamers play at.

but on topic.... Get the 1800XT (256 or 512), it will out perform both (even if u get the GTO and unlock the pipelines to the XT, it will still have slower clock speeds). IF you can, get a 1900XT (cheapest one i think is around $370 by sapphire ;)).

WOW some of u ppl need to stop dissin ATI and their drivers! You wanna kno what nvidia drivers do to my comp when i update them cuz i cant play certain games without them.... I CANT LOG INTO WINDOWS AFTER I RESTART!! SO I HAVE TO WIPE MY HD!!! THERES MY EXPERIENCE WITH NVIDIA AFTER HAVIN ATI CARDS ALL MY LIFE (everywhere from my 64MB PCI card in my old gateway to my old X700 AGP)

maybe thats an OS issue....not driver. because ive downloaded all of nvidias latest drivers since 2004 including the newest beta release this week, and no problems. my 6800 hasnt performed better before. just my 2 cents.

youve posed a question for me, i was going to get the 7600GT but having all you ATI fans and with me having ATI all my life, should i get the 7600GT or an equivalent ATI?????? if so should i get the x1600 or the x800 or summat, im wanting to spend no more than £120

if im posting i guess i better post summat relevent as well, i say go for the one thats got the best specifications thats in your price bracket, unless theres summat drastically wrong with it =)

well im done arguing about which manufacturing company is "better" neither is better then the other, its how they decide to use the technology they have and put it to good use.

Pwnzor- since i am an nvidia fan boy, mainly because i have used their products all my life and am very happy with them, i say go for a 7600GT, you wont be sorry.
heres one- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130283

Theres a lot of misguided comments here. How on earth do ATI have bad drivers. I've never had problems with them myself and as far as i know they perform a little better than Nvida's in direct X situations but in Open GL Nvida is better. I have no idea why everyone goes on about them being terrible! The X1900GT has 12 pipelines cut off of the original 48 of the X1900XT. So it has 36 pipelines there was a problem when they did it they cut of the texture units so it has a slower fill rate but it doesn't effect it that much. The X1900GT is faster and better than the X1800XT cause it has more pipelines and it costs similar but i can't get that X1900GT in the UK for some reason. The X1800XT and the 7900GT are evenly matched on most things but the X1800XT has 20% advantage on games like F.E.A.R. check it out here http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?p=1204680#post1204680
Like the other guy said theres a lot of dissing wid ATI. I will probably go wid either the X1800XT or the X1900GT depending on price on eBay :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom