A Place To list Vista Beta 2 Problem

Do you reply to advice before you try it?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sometimes

• No

• Im to smart for advice!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carthjr said:
i have a question for anyone who has found drivers that actually work for their 3D GPU's.

does this beta include the Aero desktop feature? if so, how functional is it?

Yes, i have all the eye candy of vista turned on and im using the ATi beta 2 drivers. I would have thought the Nvidia beta 2 drivers would work too. Have you tried them?

And @ mestizo122 thanks, im going to try that now. This could also help with UT2004 cos it will be able to save my settings :D hope it works.

Btw which file would i change the settings for? Just the main Ghost Recon one?

Thanks

Ok well i changed the security on UT2004 and now when i load the game up all my settings are still there :D Thanks a lot mestizo122. GRAW will probably work too, havent tried it yet.

I still have a problem in COD2. Whenever i go on a server with pb on i get kicked for inadequate os privileges even though i have changed the security settings to allow all. :confused:

Mentali$T said:
Yes, i have all the eye candy of vista turned on and im using the ATi beta 2 drivers. I would have thought the Nvidia beta 2 drivers would work too. Have you tried them?

yeah, i did download the driver released for beta 2 by nvidia. however, it didn't work. my 7800 GTX is made by asus, and they always release their own drivers for their hardware. i'm kind of a sitting duck until asus decides to go ahead and make a beta 2 driver :(

Mentali$T said:
Ok well i changed the security on UT2004 and now when i load the game up all my settings are still there :D Thanks a lot mestizo122. GRAW will probably work too, havent tried it yet.

I still have a problem in COD2. Whenever i go on a server with pb on i get kicked for inadequate os privileges even though i have changed the security settings to allow all. :confused:

Your welcome. I am not sure why COD2 would be booting you off. Maybe there is a file that is not with the rest of them that the server tries to access that has not been changed yet, I am not sure.

Carthjr said:
yeah, i did download the driver released for beta 2 by nvidia. however, it didn't work. my 7800 GTX is made by asus, and they always release their own drivers for their hardware. i'm kind of a sitting duck until asus decides to go ahead and make a beta 2 driver :(

Hmm im not sure because my gfx card is made by Sapphire who also make there own drivers but as they dont have any out i just used ATI's.

@ mestizo122, yeah im not sure, i keep looking around forums but no one seems to know the answer. I can get in servers with pb disabled obviously and i can get into servers with pb when i select run as administrator but it is extremely laggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom