New Build, Conroe Ready

Status
Not open for further replies.
7900GT is quite possibly the best graphics card on the market in terms of bang-per-buck, 24 pipes, will OC well, will pretty much run anything nicely on max-settings, and will last you for a decent amount of time.

wtk pro l said:
Wow, that was a pretty unfactual post. Intel mobos PCIe slots run at 8x because thats all the bandwidth a PCIe card needs, they only way bandwith could hurt a PCIe card would be if it was only 2x. And Intel mobos are great for gaming, lots of overclock options and they look good. This has just been a stereotype Intel has gotten for only being for work purposes, this is not true.

Also 7900GTs are cheaper than that.

Read the review I posted above. Remain ignorant if you want. Intel boards sacrifice tweakage for stability. That is not a criticsim of Intel. I have two puter with Intel boards and I wouldn't trade them for anything becasue they are the most stabel boards for Non-gaming applicatons. My gamers is an Abit kn8 Sli and I use AMD and Oc the crap out of everything. Intel can't, at present, get even close to that gaming rig!!! READ THE REVIEW!!! Sheesh!!!

RicoDirenzo said:
Read the review I posted above. Remain ignorant if you want. Intel boards sacrifice tweakage for stability. That is not a criticsim of Intel. I have two puter with Intel boards and I wouldn't trade them for anything becasue they are the most stabel boards for Non-gaming applicatons. My gamers is an Abit kn8 Sli and I use AMD and Oc the crap out of everything. Intel can't, at present, get even close to that gaming rig!!! READ THE REVIEW!!! Sheesh!!!

Goodness. That review has to be right since its on the internet.

Dont judge something unless you have tried it.

And yes 48 shaders is great, but you are also paying more for it. Also ATI has very unstable drivers compared to Nvidias.

wtk pro l said:
Goodness. That review has to be right since its on the internet.

Dont judge something unless you have tried it.

And yes 48 shaders is great, but you are also paying more for it. Also ATI has very unstable drivers compared to Nvidias.

Until recently, the bios on all intel motherboards for memory were locked as were the CPU multipliers. The only thing you could do with them was monkey with the core voltages. The article I outlined above was produced by actual benchmarking experts. sounds like you are a little behind on the curve. READ>>>It's good for your brain!!! All of the benches for the new intel board except audio, were not up to Asus and others lsted. I've said my peice. Sheesh.

Yea, im behind on the curve. Look im sick of arguing with people who think they know everything on this forum. You think your a genius, whatever, I dont care. Think what you want to think, but in the great words of Ron White, "Next time you have a thought........let it go."

NOT A GAMMING MOBO...........underperforms in every area for gaming....Conroe won't pull this board out of the Non-Gaming utility category. Final word: Hghly stable board with very poor overclocking utilities consistent with ALL Intel boards. NOT FOR GAMING. READ!!!

25-5-5 WOW! WHAT ARE U TALKIN ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!! POOR OVERCLOCKIN ARE U KIDDIN ME! thats why TAM (ur right wtk pro, jap. team) got a 5ghz conroe out of it, and fugger got a E6300 from 1.8 to 3.2 (460+ fsb), how many boards can get the FSB up that high? just because one article says its bad doesnt mean it is, just like the 4Ghz pentium d for $150 or w.e 1 ARTICLE! jeez DONT DIS THE BAD AXE.....

but blaackoran, both cards are good cards, personally i'm goin with a X1900XT, i've had ATI all my life, then recently decided "hey lets try something new" and got a 6600GT pff..... driver problems and crap... but thats my experience... like i said both cards are great and they'll both run games on ultra settings

i'd wait for more motherboards to support conroe though, like MSI, DFI, ABIT, stuff like that

btw wtk pro..... Tater salad..... the best

yeah i got the x1900 AIW, now just gotta go pick up the rest. And yeah im waiting for conroe and new mobo, ditch these cheap parts later for a loss... only cost me 250$ cdn anyways.

All In Wonder.. its basically a x1900xt or xtx with slower speeds and 256 memory.. but its got a tv tuner and lots media junk that comes with it... and its cheaper.

Same pipes, shaders etc unlike GT which has less shaders and/or pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom