Rebooting During Windows Startup Screen / UBCD won't even work

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockeyman2

Baseband Member
I have a computer I am attempting to fix for someone. I do not know much about it because I cannot start it up to see what hardware it has. It's a V2 Premier from the Video Professor. The system was purchased about one year ago. I tried to find the PC online but was unable to.

I have been searching the forum as well as google for any solution. Everything I have found I have tried. I have unhooked all unnecessary components, tried the hard drive in another computer, moved the memory to another slot, reset the CMOS/Bios, booting with a Windows XP disc, and even tried my Ultimate Boot CD. All with no success. However, each attempt seems to have lengthened the time it lasts before rebooting. At first it would not make it to the Windows XP startup screen. Now it does.

When I try to boot with my Ultimate Boot CD it loads the CD (splash screen) then when the CD begins to start up the system reboots. Similarly, with the Windows XP cd, trying to use the recovery console, the system reboots before it finishes loading all the components.

The problem began out of no where according to the owner. They were just typing in Word when it happened. Hasn't bee able to boot ever since.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

-Nathan

I has not been overclocked. CPU voltage is 1.47 and the temperature is 37 degrees celcius. Last night I cleaned ALOT of dirt and dust that was clogging the CPU fan but that didn't help.

I have left the computer on for a few hours now in the BIOS and it has not reset. I do not know if that means anything or not.

Thanks for the reply!

-Nathan

Anyone have any suggestions at all? I have tried all that I know. Even with the Hard drive disconnected it still reboots. Last night I ran memtest (somehow it was able to open it off of the Ultimate Boot CD) and it restarted 75% of the way through. I changed out the memory just in case that was it. Still the same problem.

So I'm guessing its either the MOBO, CPU, or PSU. How can I narrow it down. I'd rather not purchase one and it not solve the problem. The owner does not want to spend a large amount of money.

Thanks!

-Nathan

Last night I ran memtest (somehow it was able to open it off of the Ultimate Boot CD) and it restarted 75% of the way through. I changed out the memory just in case that was it. Still the same problem.

after re-reading your earlier posts i was going to say memory may be the issue. maybe you just had bad luck with the stick you swapped in :(, or is it known to be good?

put a different psu in it and at least you can rule that out if it still happens, i had a similar problem,, chainsaw fixed it up nicely

nitestick said:
after re-reading your earlier posts i was going to say memory may be the issue. maybe you just had bad luck with the stick you swapped in :(, or is it known to be good?

It is good. I have tried a few sticks. One from my PC, another I had, and another from a computer I am working one. No luck there.

put a different psu in it and at least you can rule that out if it still happens, i had a similar problem,, chainsaw fixed it up nicely

It has a new one in it already. IT used to not boot at all. I tried another PSU and it corrected that problem. However, it now reboots after about 15 min of activity. The UBCD won't even launch anymore. So weird....now I am trying another Mobo. I just got another that I can use to test the CPU as well.

so weird...and annoying....

Thanks for the reponses!

-Nathan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom