Java problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmhickman09

Solid State Member
Whenever I open Limewire, my screen goes black except for my pointer, which i can see. This happens every single time. It also happened once when I was on the internet. Since Limewire is on Java runtime environment, I figured that was what the problem was with. So, how do I fix it?

Edit: I reinstalled Java and Limewire, and same problem. Also, when this happens, it doesn't stop after a certain amount of time or anything. I just have to restart the computer.

see what happens when you make a new user and open limewire....java problems suck to troubleshoot

yeah it could be a problem in your user profile so try what warez said. also make sure you have up to date versions of both. and since its happend to you from just being on the internet, mite as well make sure you have upto date video drivers as well to rule out everything.

In our network, we currently run 6 versions of java. I just wrote an installer that is being used to correct all of our java issues since we can't use one of our web apps due to some weirdness. Anyway, if you want to try to correct the java, if that is what's wrong, do the following.

Uninstall all installed java. Then Delete the HKLM\software\Javasoft registry key. Open you profile dirctory, i.e. C:\documents and settings\user1 and delete the .java directory. Also, Delete the C:\program files\java directory and all other java dirs that might exist there.
Then reboot. Install the progam you need for limewire, (I don't know, don't use it...) ansd see what heppenes. This is the basic process that we use, and it's working for use. Just so you know, java is order dependant. basically, you have to install them all in order as an older version will make changes to the newer setups causing issues.

Good luck

Inaris - in your network your saying you run 6 versions of java. i was wondering if you are runing the program Script Logic on your network? its a java based "Big Brother" for a network and the remote desktop for it always has java errors with the java. and what version of java do you find to be most stable ? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom