flat panel lcd widescreen

Status
Not open for further replies.
dwarf said:
that was my review, notice the exact wording, DOES NOT IMPEDE GAMEPLAY, is HARDLY noticeable. the panel is great, that's why I gave it 5 eggs.

if you're going to come here and say the acer only has one bad review, based on the one 1 egg rating, you really need to read into the cons on the acer reviews, and the cons on the sony review.

as I said before, there are NO negative comments on the Sony, mine included, I should know the context in which I wrote it, and it was not a negative one.

not only that, but the Sony panel only has two 4 egg ratings, the rest are 5's, the acer doesn't even come CLOSE to that ratio.

Have you used the Acer then?

So im going to be 90% gaming, and Im not all that savvy with what I know is good.

I cant find response time on dell 20.1" which is what i currently plan on getting.

Lower the better for gaming?

Yes, the lower the response time, the better for gaming. Usually people suggest 8ms or lower, dwarf says he can hardly notice anything around 16ms so you should be okay with anything around there, but you should try to get one that is around 8ms.

get that "24 acer. ive had my eye on it for a while, and while the sony is slightly better quality, it's not enough to justify the price.

I got the 24" dell ultrasharp and I love it. And it's not even using dvi yet. At first it seemed too big but after the adjustment period it's awesome.

the dell 20" w/s for me :D

its got everything.. pic/in/pic.. split screen.. tilt/90 deg option to save you having to scroll down forums ect...

and awsome contrast/color... nice! ;)

i seen them a while ago stateside for around $350 delivered..

h.t.h, al

don't get dell, the 24" is exactly the same as that acer (in every single aspect), except it's more expensive and your supporting ****ing dell

It's not the same thing, you don't know what you're talking about. If you've read anything about LCDs you should know that you can't judge them solely by their specs. Dell often uses Samsung panels in their displays, which are usually some of the better ones out there.

dwarf said:
that was my review, notice the exact wording, DOES NOT IMPEDE GAMEPLAY, is HARDLY noticeable. the panel is great, that's why I gave it 5 eggs.

if you're going to come here and say the acer only has one bad review, based on the one 1 egg rating, you really need to read into the cons on the acer reviews, and the cons on the sony review.

as I said before, there are NO negative comments on the Sony, mine included, I should know the context in which I wrote it, and it was not a negative one.

not only that, but the Sony panel only has two 4 egg ratings, the rest are 5's, the acer doesn't even come CLOSE to that ratio.

Alright your majesty?

And Quite honestly, I couldn't be happier with this monitor, it does everything excellent, and no - i don't see any ghosting.

You pay a bunch extra for sony when you dont have to - I promise you - i see it EVERYDAY at best buy. They are nice products, some times (dont buy their laptops), but there is no reason to buy it over this ACER unless its under a 100 difference.... unless you like wasting money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom