lex motherboard
xp 2000+ cpu
256 pc2100
nvidea gfx card
40 Gb HD
350W psu

Built This rigout myself booted first time
installed xp pro no probs
installed all necessary drivers no probs( good so far)

The problem is while the computer is cool the system boots no problem to windows.
But after about 10 mins when the computer is reebooted it gets to just before windows logon appears then reebots in a constant cycle.
reinstalled o/s 4 times 98,xp home,xp pro(again),2003 server trial.

same problem appears hd will boot other computer with similar specs no probs .hd from other computer has same problem when used to boot new system.

spent three weeks trying to sort this

not new to building pc,s checked out bios settings ,correct multiplier being used,cpu is not running too hot etc.

ive tried to keep this as brief as possible.

so if anyone has had similar problems please help me im at the end of my tether.

stu

It could be a heat issue. Are the fans working properly? Do you have sufficient ventilation for the PC to "breathe"?

Try running the computer with the case off for a while to see if there is any difference.

I Had a similar problem. My problem turned out to be the RAM.

In my case, my computer would boot then crash just after the Windows 2000 screen came up. If it had been off for a while, it would boot fine, make it to the dekstop, and run for about 5 minutes. After about 5 minutes it would crash. I thought it was the Mobo or the power supply. I did some parts swapping with my other computer, one component at a time and came to the conclusion that it was the RAM. I was fortunate enough to find the problem before i changed the motherboard.

I would like to know if you're getting any error screens or if it just goes black.

tonight i tried a different memory module

it seems to have sorted it.

2morrow i will be installing xp pro and see if that goes ok.Hopefully thats it sorted

I never took notes on the error messages i was getting mostly they were gone too quickly to note down.

I will post how i got on later

thanks

stu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom