New Video card on a sony?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i couldn't find a lot of details on that model number, but the 2000 is the number of mhz!! so its a 2.0Ghz computer.

it has integrated graphics, so i doubt it has ANY graphics slot. 512mb SD RAM, expandable to 1GB (2 slots total). 60gb hard drive...

doesn't look like you can upgrade your computer (or your friend's computer... )

Dude tell him to get a new computer lol, there's not much hope left for it. I'm 99.99% that he doesn't have either graphics ports, sohis best bet would be a 6200.

Yes, I understand that those were diffent #'rs ( first price, then watt rating on psu.), i was thinking it would be anywhere from 300-350 watt psu... I'll get sum pics just to be sure about the slot...

heres a pic of one slot. To the extent of my knowledge, it is an agp slot.

AGP slot

And there seems to be 3 free pci slots, but the bottom one is rendered useless by a dialup modem...hooooray!
PCI slot

Am I correct? And if so, which should i use, AGP or PCI?

lastshot said:
heres a pic of one slot. To the extent of my knowledge, it is an agp slot.

AGP slot

And there seems to be 3 free pci slots, but the bottom one is rendered useless by a dialup modem...hooooray!
PCI slot

Am I correct? And if so, which should i use, AGP or PCI?

You defintely you should go AGP, and I would recommend a 9800pro or a 6600GT for the ~100 dollar price range. I had a SOny PCV RX650 or something along those lines, and i put in a 9800pro in there. Worked flawlessly :) Depends on how much you want to spend on the gfx

i would recommend the 6600GT or above, if PZEROFGH is talking about the ATI Radeon 9800 pro, i have that, and it really is just a shitty card. i t doesnt even play WoW very easily, and any next-gen games are terrible

my sister plays Sims 2, and its laggy all the time, and takes 30+ minutes to save :(

i would reccomend the 6600GT or even above, if you wanna spend like 300 go with the 7900GT 256 mb ram :D its AGP4x/8x :D

-Phate

Would I need to upgrade my psu with a 6600gt? I'll check into that but an opinion would be nice. Thanks for all your help so far though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom