Case choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shifter

Solid State Member
First of all hello, i am new to these forums :)

second, i am hoping to get a new PC some time in the near future and have started thinking about cases. because of the way i am planning to get the PC i am limited to certian cases. The three that i am looking at are as follows.

Asus Vento 3600
csasusv3600blk.jpg

NZXT X-NEMESIS ELITE
nemesis-elite-case.jpg

COOLERMASTER PRAETORIAN 730
CoolerMaster_Case.gif

I want the coolest of the three as i cant find any site that seems to have reviews on all i cant find a fair comparison. i know that at least two of them are very heavey but weight isnt too much of an issue. i am mostly looking at how well the cooling is and maybe some personal issues/comments?

I hope you can help me because i just cant decided at all. Also, i know that the cases are loved by some and hated by others (vento 3600 spring t mind) so dont worry about the looks i can decided that for myself ;)

thanks

tom

Ahhh. I am glad to find a sane case at the end of that. Phew.

Out of them: COOLERMASTER PRAETORIAN 730

Otherwise your personal choice. Just not the other two. ;)

go with the coolermaster, but id also reccomend you look at Thermaltake or Lian-Li cases

That isnt giving me much option :p

The trouble with the coolermaster is that i hear the door doesnt open the full 270degrees advertised but only almost that which means leaving teh door open is not really a problem. Does anyone have personal experience to back this up?

Also, my system wil be running HOT so i need to seriously think about cooling as well.

tom

lol I really like the first one's look but i don't think it'll be so good for airflow lol..thus its not a really good one

I will vote for coolermaster also, although I don't like it's look all-too-much.. how-ever, and I wouldn't like to bug in with suggestions so I won't unless you wish me to, I have a suggestion for a better case for same price..PM Me if you wish more details.

Im in that postion, i lvoe the look of the vento but the cooling isnt suficient according to all but one review (which isnt enough for me). the coolermaster looks the worst of the lot in my opinion but has been recommended to me by a fwe people. i am liking the nemesis at the moment because i like LED's and shiny black metal ^^ it also has a fan control and temperature gauge on the top - clever. it has 3 x 120mm fans - the most of all the cases, well not the most, the coolermaster also has three and a third can be fitted with the vento but the other two have 2 x 80mm and a 120mm. The other thing is that i can get extra case fans which will go nicly into the vento (i think) because it has extra holes drilled in the side for more fans (or so i hear). here are some more pictures of the nemesis

under the "football shin pad"
2.jpg

i love the side panel and i cant get enough of the glowy LED's
system.JPG

any more comments and experience with any of these case will be greatly recieved

tom

whaaat, the asus, is sposed to have really good cooling, and its got the cool fold up door!!!

The fold up door did have me fooled that it was good cooling too. It only has two fans and one of them is in such a bad place that *apparently* it doesnt even do anything.

What about the Aspire X-Navigator:

Changable colour scheme
Very cool with 5 case fans
built in fan control and temp monitoring

but...

very noisey

aspire-x-navi-total.jpg

The case comes with 3 differnet colours of the X on the front, grey, black and another of your choosing

tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom