Kill HDD files

Status
Not open for further replies.

slayerduck

Solid State Member
So yeah, i got this hardisk here and i have files that i want to delete.

I want a PERM DELETION OF THEM.

I dont want anybody to be able to get them back.
Nobody.

Is there anyway to do that, i know bout a low format but like the FBI can get those files back ? Even after a low format?

I like my privacy, and if i ever want to sell one of my HDD's i want to make sure.

I heard strange things and now i want to be sure..

Help me out please >.<

Yeah but for now, is there one that deletes only certain files.

And btw, when i boot whit KillDisk it wont kill all of my HD's right o_0?

Reformat - creat a dummy file (dl a dummy file program) the size of the hard disk and delete it - everything will be gone.

What if i wont reformat it, delete the file. Create file as big as the free HDD space left. Delete.

Same effect, no format ?

P.S i cant edit my post.. <.<?

Question, Soes killdisk do the same? It formats and writes the system full whit a dummy thing.. then deletes?

And there is -NO WAY- to get files back..?

umm i once came accross a program... i think it was "steganos security suite" that had a shredder. basically, when it deletes, the HDD writes 0s to the space where the file was, i dont think it can then be recovered. the normal procedure is that the HDD just marks the area where the file was as empty space, but the physical 0s and 1s are still there.

one question guys,

Once i heard this thing you are talking about then when the hardisk is formatted not all of the data is gone.

So is it true? and what type of data remains on the disk and how can that be retrieved?

Do the program listed by you delete the file we're talking about?

thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom