When a HDD is nearly full.................

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the most I filled my HD to...before I realized it heh...

space.jpg

784KB?

I've had a hard drive that was 800MB total running Windows 95, and on average, it has 50KB space remaining. Still did everything...internet, games, etc.

No I didn't notice any decreased performance because, I was only using the internet and IM.

Nubius would you say this was in a pretty good state? i defragged with O&O yesterday but when it installed i told it to delete the old defragger so i cant load it up on there like you did! is there anyway i can get it back? unless i dont need it
I don't know, that doesn't look like the correct analysis screen. You need to right click on it and go to 'analyze' and then use the 'SPACE' method of defragging to clear it up the most. The stealth one just does it all quick and doesn't get as thorough.

As far as deleting the M$ one, I don't know dude. I don't even remember that option coming up, but obviously I didn't delete it :D

How : Start Menu / Search
Search for : Files and Folders.

Enter in *.tmp : This will find all "TEMP" files on the machine.

Temp files are unecessary and 'potentially' take up a lot of space.

I have found a 4 gb .tmp file before, so I continue to use this trick to free up space.

ok ive never done that before in the 2years ive had this computer and it came back with 42 files, im thinking thats not too bad then? and are you 100% sure if i delete all those 42 it wont screw anything up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom