Making a USB device wireless

Status
Not open for further replies.

fangs2000

In Runtime
Hey all,

Thinking about buying a new keyboard, but the one i'm intersted in is not wireless, and that's something i could real do with atm.

I was wondering if it is possible that a device could be bought which allows for a wireless USB connection? If you understand my meaning.

Thanks

Re:

Hello,

I'm assuming the keyboard you want has a USB connection...right?

I thought such a device exists which allows USB devices to become wireless...but I can't seem to find an example. They probably don't exist...

...well, probably not until Wireless Universal Serial Bus devices start hitting the shelves (which is supposed to be arriving Q3 2006).

If you want a wireless keyboard...simply buy a wireless keyboard.

Yes, it does have a USB connection.

Thing is, i'm looking into getting a good gaming Keyboard (got my eyes on the G15), and looking around there are very few gaming quality wireless keyboards.

I'm having a readup on this "Wireless Universal Serial Bus" stuff atm.

Any more input would be welcomed.

Re:

Hello,

Well that's the thing. High quality gaming keyboard tend to be wired because wireless keyboards are susceptible to interferance, which could impede gameplay.

I don't think a serious gamer competing at a LAN party would even think of using a wireless keyboard and mouse.

Hmm, was afraid of an answer like that. I knew wireless devices can get interferance and as a result are less reliable, but i learnt this a few years ago and i thought this would have been improved.

Thanks for the help anyway.

Re:

fangs2000 said:
Hmm, was afraid of an answer like that. I knew wireless devices can get interferance and as a result are less reliable, but i learnt this a few years ago and i thought this would have been improved.

Thanks for the help anyway.

...oh don't get me wrong :D .

I'm using a wireless keyboard now. No interferance. Works perfectly.

It's just that wired keyboards don't have the 'risk' of being impeded by RF interferance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom