after applying as5

Status
Not open for further replies.

2fast4u

Daemon Poster
im thinking of buying as5 and getting rid of the thermal pad from my evga 6200.... after i apply the as5, what should i do? is it safe just to leave it when it's on and like just overclock or should i wait a couple days with my computer off?

how long should that take? and can i leave the computer on? cause i hardly ever shut it off....

it needs to go through some heat cycles, so yup, you are going to have to turn it off. :(

Personally I'd just keep it running. It's not like your videocard is going to blow up. There is still a hs/f so I think it would be fine. I removed my heatsink of my 6200 and put the VF-700 and temps go no higher than 35*C.

i dont think i need a new hs or any as5... cause i dont know whats limiting me but i think it's the card itself... it's a evga 6200 128mb agp video card and i use to clock it at 410 core and mem at 460 and my idle temp was 44.. i made my own pci fan cooler with the cardboard.(i found that idea on here) and now my idle temp is 34 (was 40c stock temp and stock clocking which is 350 core and 400 mem) and now my oc is 425 core and 540 mem.. my temp here is 41 on load and i can't oc anymore because i will start getting artifacts.. whats up with this??? i used to be able to oc up to 75c on load. did i hit a wall with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom