Status
Not open for further replies.

hoax

Solid State Member
Right now im just looking into parts for my build, so far i have :

PC - Intel Pentium D 930 Presler 800MHz FSB LGA 775 Dual Core
Mobo - Foxconn 975X7AA-8EKRS2H Socket T (LGA 775) Intel 975X
Video - eVGA 256-P2-N553-AX Geforce 7600GT 256MB
RAM - Patriot 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300)
HDD - Western Digital Caviar SE WD2000JS 200GB 7200 RPM

I have a budget of about 1200-1400. Everything above takes up about 1000 bucks, but then i need a monitor(thinking of a 19" widescreen costs about $200), and an OS, so not much more room for upgrades if they are costly

If you have a sugggestion for a nice case, not too expensive i would like to hear it, prefer a power supply of at least 400-450w. Probably will be OC'd.

Other than that, just give me some feedback on what you think, or if i should go with some other hardware. Thanks.

Jordan Pardy said:

FSB lol

A good build, I'm guessing this is going to be used for some moderate gaming right? If so i'd rather go with an AMD Dual-Core processor, either the X2-3800+ or the 4400+ as they are alot better for gaming.

The rest seems great to me, nice choice of card (great performance for lesser budgets), RAM seems quite adequate.

Yeah i was looking at the AMD X2s and some benchmarks for it, but i would like to see the price drop alot. I have a pretty crappy computer right now, Dell, Pentium 4 @ 1.7GHz, about 5 years old, so anything newer im sure to see an excellent jump in performace.
I would rather not spend an extra $150 dollars for a 15fps boost in a game.

I just found an Athlon 64 3500+ on VibeComputers for 135 bucks CANADIAN. These guys must be on crack.

But yeah. I've been doing my research lately, and apparently AMD is the way to go these days. Atleast until Conroe.

BTW: For the PSU, get an Antec TruePower 2.0. Not very expensive, really, really reliable.

I was looking at some antec cases, and i got some really good feedback on another forum that Antec Sonata II was a nice case. 99.99, comes with 450w power supply and looks pretty nice.

I think you should go with the Athlon 64 for gaming. A dual-core isn't really a must just yet, and Intel is more for productivity work than gaming. And that Sonata II is supposed to be a great case, and a quiet one from what I've heard.

Looks like a solid build to me, good choice of components. Except maybe the processor...but that's a matter of opinion, the one you've chosen is still good.

Good luck with it.

I'm not gonna do massive gaming, but light to moderate i would say. But i'm also going to use it for audio/video rendering and work with that, and i heard intel dual cores are better for that kind of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom