Identifying faulty RAM/HDD/Wifi Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

developer

Baseband Member
Hi Everyone!

My computer sometimes restarts on it own while I am working. By restart i mean like someone pulled the power plug. It generally then shows a blue screen with

Kernel_Data_ Inpage_Error

written on it and a reference to atapi.sys
Although i didnt pay attention earlier, but last time it showed this file. I guess generally this is a RAM problem, but i purchased new RAM, but the problem didnt go. Can it be hard drive or any other problem. The reason i mentioned Wifi in the subject is coz my computer hangs when i insert my PCMCIA Wifi Card (802.11g).

Can anyone please help me out?

This time it was a different .sys file, but i couldnt read the name before the computer restarted. The stuff is shown on a blue screen, with diff hex values everytime and then it writes beginning dump of physical memory and then restarts.

are you saying it happens only after inserting the wifi card? if so then get the latest driver , if it happens just like that too when the wifi card is out then i need the bsod logs to get the bottom of it , get into c:\windows\minidump and rar/zip all files , upload to www.mytempdir.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom