When a HDD is nearly full.................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, I'm not too fancy. There are people here with more storage than me, plus they've got crazy RAID setups. I've never even messed with RAID and it seems like a pain in the butt although of course I definitely see the benefits of the different arrays.

All I've got is one partition :D

It's two 80gb drives and a 200gb drive. One of the 80gb is partitioned into 50 and 25gb (yes I realize that only adds up to 75, but most people should realize why it's not 30 and 50 )

Nubius, that program was amazing it brought down my fragmentation from 58% down to 1% in one pass. My second hdd only has .8% fragmentation so there is really no need to defrag it.

You're supposed to keep atleast 5% of the drive free. I like to keep around 15 - 20% clean. I have two 80GB's, and they suit me just fine.

My hard drive is 15 GB used, 40 GB total.

I'm getting a 200GB really soon anyways, so i dont have to worry about HD space.

Disk Defrag?

It must be the best program that Microsoft made.
no, he's talking about O&O Defrag. The microsoft defrag sucks crap and wouldn't come even close to defragging my drive like you see the other one did above.

You're supposed to keep atleast 5% of the drive free. I like to keep around 15 - 20% clean. I have two 80GB's, and they suit me just fine.
Microsofts say 15%

Nubius would you say this was in a pretty good state? i defragged with O&O yesterday but when it installed i told it to delete the old defragger so i cant load it up on there like you did! is there anyway i can get it back? unless i dont need it
screenmm.jpg

i run a 250GB and 160GB SATAs. no raid for me.. dell mobo doesnt have a controller lol. 250 has 75GB free and the 160 has 25GB free.

i use "executive software - diskkeeper 9" but i may take a gander at this O&O stuff, if people seem to think it is so good.

joshd said:
i run a 250GB and 160GB SATAs. no raid for me.. dell mobo doesnt have a controller lol. 250 has 75GB free and the 160 has 25GB free.

i use "executive software - diskkeeper 9" but i may take a gander at this O&O stuff, if people seem to think it is so good.

well ms defrag said i didnt need to defrag the drive, yet O&O said it did and it had 3450 framented files before it started and its says 1 now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom