Not powering up

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyE

Baseband Member
I'm pretty sure it's a dead mobo, but I have a friend's eMachine pc that won't power up at all. I tried TWO different power supplies so it sure isn't that. The only sign of life is a green LED on the mobo, not labeled, no idea what it means. Thought the power switch might be bad, jumpered the contacts manually and still nothing.

Help me through the denial stage of the grieving process and let me know any ideas you might have before I make the dreaded call and break the news to the owner. Thanks

Try replacing the RAM if you have any compatible sticks laying around. I was troubleshooting a very similar problem of my own recently, turns out my 1GB of Corsair XMS was bad.

Is there any POST beeps? If there is how many do you hear?

Note: This is if you manage to get the power on at all. Which you haven't yet I don't think?

try resetting the cmos , unplug the power cord and get the battery out for 1 hour ,then put it back & plug the cord & power up , its important to put the battery back exactly as it was and not upside down (in most mobos it should be with the + sign ontop)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom