Peltier Cooling, Whats the Catch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow that went downhill ;)

i would just like to point out i could get a peltier for between $20-$50 australian. now for many people if they already had water cooling and a spare psu laying around (not exactly rare) they have the power issue sorted and then they spend maybe $20 or so dollars on waterproofing. sounds a heck of a lot cheaper than phase to me :p.

about the "anti-american sentiment". the forum isn't really that bad. i don't think i've ever seen anything said against americans, just saying some guys may give you the "e-cold shoulder". only because round there everyone is really competitive and we got knocked off the number one slot for folding by an american team [H]ardOCP so it's more just a rivalry thing. its only because the place is almost completely australians as far as i know.

well what if I dont give a crap about folding? :D Then we aren't rivals. We're brothers in our hobby!

lol, it took me forever to figure out what you meant. I simply mispelled it without even realizing I put the members name lol. I meant to put 'idiotic' and it should be edited to say that by the time you see this post.
Sure! I know what you meant! I am going to start calling 'noobs', 'Nubius's!' You like that!!!!!!!

:p :p :p

BTW, one point I did not see about pelts (although I skimmed, could of missed it) is that what really put them out of business are the high thermal output of the current CPU's. When you combine the heat output of the CPU itself, along with the heat output of the hot side of the pelt, cooling the hot side gets so **** hard that it is difficult to get the benefit from the pelt in the first place.

I do however think though, with some of the new low power/low heat CPU's coming out such as Merom, you could see pelts make a comeback.

On a side note, phase could be a more reasonable sollution if OCZ would ever come out with the unit they showed. I think it was a single stage phase unit for like $300. That is about the cost of a water setup, although, power usage would get ugly :eek:

Ehhh, I think it might have BARELY been covered. I think it was actually in one of the links I posted regarding the CPU's output and whatnot.

And yeah, regarding that OCZ one, last I heard the gas they were gonna use in it was some crappy kind and that anyone purchasing it shouldn't expect crazy -45C temps like the crazy vapochill, prometias, or chilly1's

BUT.....that's all speculation, not cold hard facts, so take it how you will.

The OCZ Cryo-tek has been delayed because of design failures. Last I heard from one of the OCZ reps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom