X2 3800+ question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timaphillips

In Runtime
I just ran a CPU-z check on my dad's office computer and it shows that it's only running at 995ish MHz instead of the 2.0 GHz. Do AMD's run half the total speed per core? The system info on XP also says that it's running at 995 MHz. Any ideas????

The processor is the X2 3800+ Toledo

Ya, get rid of cool n' quiet on a desktop, there is no need to have it since there is no battery conservation and the CPU (unless on 24/7) does not drain to much energy as is.

15 dollars if on 24/7 or on during regular operating times (5-15 hours a day) Also, running at half speed hes only saying 7.5 dollars a billing cycle, so in all truth, hes not saving that much for half the performance.

JoshSB said:
15 dollars if on 24/7 or on during regular operating times (5-15 hours a day) Also, running at half speed hes only saying 7.5 dollars a billing cycle, so in all truth, hes not saving that much for half the performance.

It doesn't cut performance in half does it? I thought it just scaled down when not in heavy use. But still, I was doing a couple things at once (internet, spreadsheet) and the system info showed cool n' quiet must have been activated. How do I turn this **** off? :)

KyleInterra said:
In the BIOS. Yea, its a pain. There are some problems with it, it doesn't start up sometimes.

It's on my dad's work computer for our small business so I won't bother with it then.

Its just one option.

The problems I'm talking about are in general, there shouldn't be any problems after you turn it off.

Well...it might not be as Cool, or as Quiet, but thats...logical? It'll be normal, what its supposed to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom