LCD Being added to build

Do you fold for TF? Are you interested in folding for TF?

• Yes I already fold for TF

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No I don't fold for TF

• No I don't fold for TF but I will!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BennyV04988

Fully Optimized
Okay, so I'll be building my new PC sometime in the next 6-8 weeks.
I'' be going to college in late aug and I am considering an LCD to save space. This would mean serious draw-back on the system as far as expenses. I know there's a big controversy over LCD myths and such as far as similar resolutions on smaller screens vs larger etc etc. So I made a poll. What do you guys suggest for collegebound avid gamer??? ;)

well the price diff is like 25 bucks for the two I was looking at. I was actuallly wondering, sorry probably wasn't clear on this, if a 17" LCD vs. a 19" LCD at the same RES would look sharper for gaming. I think I'm going with the 19" anyway because it seems to be worth it. I'm actually posting my entire updated build in a few minutes here...

A 17" will be sharper but 19" aren't that more expensive.

I would suggest the viewsonic highspeed monitors (2ms to 4ms) they are great for gaming and they're really sharp.

When you have the same amount of pixels (1280x1024) if you spread it out over a 17" monitor there would be more pixels per cm on the screen then a 19" monitor so the 17" would have a sharper image. They both look good, it's just that when you drop the resolution on a 19" to lower then native you are spreading the pixels even more making the image even less sharp so it would look distorted this is a problem for 19" monitors, but since the 17" has less area the image won't look distorted or as distorted as the 19".

So if you plan on playing a game you would want to keep it on 12x10 on a 19" (to eliminate distortion) but this means you need a rig that can play the game on the res. So lets say you wanted to play UT07 and you have a 19" LCD you would have to drop the graphics to keep it on 12x10 where as on 17" you could just drop the res to 10x7 and put better textures and what not. Remember better settings (textures, shadows, lighting etc.) will make the game look better then a higher resolution.

As far as I know (correct me if I am mistaken) LCD screens cause little to no stress to the eyes therefore they are better longterm than a CRT.

I heard this, unsure if it is correct or not, but it makes sense since instead of a giant gun shooting out wavy pixels there are defined crystals in a LCD screen.

Anywho, I would not pay to much attention to the fight over VGA vs DVI, I got a Viewsonic VGA monitor, and also got a DVI monitor, LG (which is suppose to be better) both had killer reviews, only diff is the VGA/DVI hookup, and in all truth I could tell no difference, and if I had to say, the VGA came out looking a bit better. Just a bit sharper and better colors, anyways, my entire family agreed, not to mention with my employee disc and rebates it dropped the 19" monitor to being $149 hehe.

Thats correct, LCDs are much easier on the eyes, because CRTs emit radiation that is constantly being refreshed and the radiation is what causes the eye strain and possible complications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom