first build, sys mostly for movies/music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks very good! that would be a very nice system. You should buy a seperate sound card to get the most out of those nice speakers. Maybe an X-fi for 100 bucks?

sound card

That was one of my concerns. Will the internal sound on that mother board be sufficient for the speakers I want?

If your watching movies I defintely recommend you get a soundcard. As onboard ... eh :confused: Defintely spring for the X-FI for 100 dollars if you can afford it.

003 is also selling some kplich's 5.1 surround sound for 212 dollars, might want to have a look at those down in the buy/sell forum

almost done

I am pretty much set and am ready to start ordering within 24 hours. Are there any last comments or concerns?

Looks good! :)

Nice choice, and I do agree on getting a soundcard. You'll get the most out of those speakers. I do like your future setup!

When you get your music, from CD or Internet, make sure to NOT use Kazaa.

I'm sure all TF members will agree that it's bad, i got too much spyware from it.

LimeWire is better by far, and uses Java technology, which is safer.

You still have to watch what you download on it :p

sound card and graphics card

Do I need that much sound card if I do not plan on playing games that much, if at all? I've also been told that the onboard sound card should be fine since I'm mostly want the speakers I selected for music, not movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom