¡>[SWEEEEET]<! program idea!!!!!11

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazer_viking

In Runtime
I just came up with the coolest idea for a program. What if while you're playing music in iTunes or Windows Media Player there was a program that was monitering the song and artist for the song that was currently playing and could change your desktop's wallpaper accordingly? The program (.... hmm I'll call the program Musical Desktops for now..) yea Musical Desktops (MD for short) yea MD will be able to recognize and read a lot of diffrent media players (Winamp, Windows Media, iTunes, ect..) and get images that you have assigned to each artist, album, or even song if you have a wallpaper dedicated to a single song. You'd have to do a lot of hunting for the wallpapers, but thats no big deal. A lot of my friends already have a crap load of wallpapers for bands.
I reaaaaaally wish I could program because I'd be working on this right now. Is something like this already available? If not, someone make it!

Windows Media Player does have the option to display "album art" in the Vizualzation window. If that's what you're talking about...

ok,

i dont know if that would be interesting, unless it changed the background back to normal when it was closed.

I'm not a big fan of backgrounds...

It would probably use alot of RAM too...

That, and nobody is going to sit there and stare at their background while a song changes.

I guess I'm wierd. I get into these zones where I'm just sitting there listening to the music and contemplating the lyrics.
and yea, there'd be a default background, and the program would only kick in and change it when there wasn't a full screen aplication running (usualy games...) that way it wont eat up the ram. it just popped into my head n i thought itd be cool.

if I remember correctly musicmatch can do it. I remember doing it 3-4 years ago and then I quickly got tired of it........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom