Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

aj2003

Daemon Poster
ive got 512DDR400 but ppl i no say they would recomend i get another 512 stick. what do you ppl think, is there any difference in performance atm? considering im alwayas runnin edonkey and afew norton things, msn messenhger and MBM5.

well, depends on any other intensive programs. spread sheets, design (like cad), programing (like .net, game engine design), and really any graphic intensive programs. You'll see an improvement. Good rule of thumb: is it sluggish on somethings? are you just going by what your friends say or are you having problems with it's performance? If you ARE having problems with performance, then hell yes! get another 512. If not, then its like the old saying: "If it aint broke, dont fix it."

Is your pc using the pagefile/virtual memory? If it isnt, dont waste your money, if it is get more physical memory. For about 99% of most systems 512 is plenty....as said above *friends* are brilliant at wasting YOUR money..do a <CAD> and look in the Performance tab.

If you run ed2k etc, adding mem will do eff all....though killing MSN messenger (you dont do you..really?) will help.

no, the performance does not justify the performance and i specelize in ram. i can tell you why but im to tired to now tomorrow

right click on My Computer, go to properties, advanced tab, performance, settings, advanced tab, then at the bottom there is the 'virtual memory' settings. if it reccomends or is using a paging file, get the RAM

It depends on what games you play and what you do on the Computer in general i you play heavy memory games as battlefield1942 when i have 512 it lagged and loaded like 2 min i got another 512 got performance by 4 times 20 sec - 30 sec load and no lags AT ALL

that the pointyea it is quite sluggish quite offen but not all the time. i dont really play that many games tbh, my bro uses it for aoc alot but that seems to be ok. want sum betta games but atm i dont think my comp is upto them.

apokalipse : its says " A agiong file is an area on the hard disk that windows uses as if it were RAM

total paging file size for all drives:767MB

in the change part says initial size is 768 and max size is 1536

that looks a hell of a lot to me but i dont no anythin about this tbh. thanks guys

1024 is too much for people who run system just for gaming & spread sheet. Don't waste your money on another 512MB; if i were you then id probably upgraded my Video Card or wasted money on newly released games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom