6800xt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume as long as you didn't make a mistake, you need an AGP video card. What type of performance would you like to obtain on what games? That's a decent graphics card, but if you want to get high settings on some of the newest games you may want to step it up a bit.

Give us a little more information on your budget and expectations.

I'm not really sure on my budget, but I don't want to spend a ton of money because I plan to upgrade to PCI-e next year.

I play BF2 with a ATi 9600 128mb right now, and get 30 - 40fps on mostly medium settings, some on high, 100% view and 800x600. I want everything on high, 100% view, and 1024x768.

If yor just upgrading and want to play BF2 you should consider this one instead. Its cheap but still has alot of bang for the buck. Not to mention SM3.0 support
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814161003 I now play BF2 high w/ a 9800Xt on my lan rig BUT im going to upgrade to this. Ive played w/ one in te machine at a LAN party (dude let me borrow it for the night OWNAGE!!) and it freakin rocks. Just cause it has GDDR2 dosent mean a thing. I think it performed better than my 6800GT possibly.

Newegg says that card has 12 pipelines, but the reviews say it only has 4. Whose the BS'er?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom