Wow My luck...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord AnthraX

Fully Optimized
Ok wow so here it goes...

Today I was doing crap on my pc when I heard a big thud, then the sound of fans coliding, and then a big humming noise.

Soo I immediatly power off my computer and take a look.

One of my 120 MM fans colidied with my vf700, and took some peices with it.

2 Fan blades came off it. and they are all next to each other leaving a huge gap.:(

So now when I turn it on I hear a loud humming noise and the GPU vibrates like crazy.

and this is right after I decided I was going to Volt Mod.

and to top it all of... I was going to check the AS5 on the GPU so when I took the fan of, I saw that it could use some re-applying

So I open my DFI box, where I keep most of my computer stuff (fans, connectors, HDD's,) and I look for the baggy my AS5 is in. I cant find it. I used it about a week ago on my freinds PC put back in the box and back on my shelf.

So Now im as5less and I my GPU has no fan.

Il Probably go back to the stock fan but I gotta find the screws.. but I guess Il be having to buy some AS5 and a VF900 of newegg...Il probably get the AS5 cleaner that Artic has to offer....I hear its good stuff...

Maybe its a sign...who knows....

so if any one is interested in a 2 blade less vf700 you can have it for free just pay the shipping :sigh:

oh well....

kickingbabyowned.gif

well I had it on top of my PCI Card and it was cooling it and yeah it somehow colided with it...I think it becuase I was moving the Antenna in the back and I might have moved it up cuasing the fan to hit it.

I feel for ya man, my friend was putting the vf 700 on his gfx and he tightened it too much, and ruined his 6600gt. His warranty was over so RMA'ing was out of the question. He ended up a 6600LE cus he couldnt afford anything better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom