Need Help !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

badkitty

In Runtime
Ok my friends computer has a popup, without IE even on, that says your computer is infected with some crap and to goto fixit.com . It lists 5 different sites each time it pops up, i just remember that one.

I loaded spyware blaster, spy bot S&D and norton system works, a combination that has kept my system at 98% spyware free. Yet after all this it still has the popup.

The biggest problem is task manager, msconfig are locked out,nothin is clickable and gpedit.msc and regedit files are missing. I've had task manager locked out before but was able to get it, but with all these other things missing , i dont know what to do.

running windows XP Pro SP1

k i will try...thanks....there are soo many of these programs out there...free,,,pay..hard to find good ones.

maybe LOP.com ....screwin hate that but the onyl real way to fix lop ive found is by going to lop.com and DL the uninstall file

Well it could be Windows Messenger is still active. You only have SP1 which has Windows Messenger on by default. SP2 turns it off by default.

To turn off Windows Messenger Start>Run>Services.msc when that windows pops up scroll down to you see MEssenger and stop it and disable it.

snypercore said:
maybe LOP.com ....screwin hate that but the onyl real way to fix lop ive found is by going to lop.com and DL the uninstall file

there are other ways than that.never go to the spywares website to use their uninstaler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom