VideoCard Fan Died - Upgrading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante_Caligari

In Runtime

I had my little Chaintech 6600 Videocard for about three months and the fan died. The little thing is COOKING my computer. I am debating wether to get a new fan for it or just getting a new card. I don't really want to spend too much for a dinky fan and the 6600 it really becomming obsolete. What do you think?

I want to get 2GB of RAM - The absolute best that I can get for the least money because I plan to OC soon. Suggestions?

Depends really what you want to do.

If you want to do some nice gaming with good performance for a nice price, go for the 7600GT.

If you want to do some more 'hardcore' gaming, i'd go for the 7900GT.

1. I dunno if its worth It, Id buy a new card all together :D

2. Well your semi contradicting your self when you say the BEST for the LEAST...

G.skill HZ DDR500 is what I have and its relativley cheap.....

I think its like a 176 :D

Yeah, the 7600 was what I was going to go with originally, althought I am not sure - I may only be able to afford a 6800GT.

X1800GTO? I have never used a computer with an ATI card to tell you the truth... I usually am not partial; you know, AMD/INTEL, nVidia/ATI, etc. You are thinking something like this?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814241009

Am I going to get much more performance gain over say...this?

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1828833&CatId=1560

That RAM is a tad pricey.

The 6800 XT isn't much better then a 6600 (around the same performance as a vanilla 6800 or a 6600GT), the 7600GT is good, but so is a X1800GTO.

The Sapphire X1800GTOs on Newegg are sold out; they cost around $185 and is a better brand then GEcube, so I would just probably go with either GPU. If you like playing games like Oblivion, FarCry, and COD2 then you would benifit more from a X1800GTO but games like FEAR and Quake 4 will run better with a 7600GT.

Quake 4 runs just fine on my 6600...
I have never tried F.E.A.R. I am too scared to.

I am really considering the X1800GTO. I like to keep an open mind and, as I said, I never used an ATI card before.

I just RMA'd my 6600...

The fan is dirt cheap on Newegg. Fix the fan regardless and keep the card around for back up or sell it on ebay. If it works, I'll give you $25 bucks for it and use it myself!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom