PSU Choices

Status
Not open for further replies.

magouster

Daemon Poster
2 Questions really,

1. Which is better between the Antec TP2 550W or Hiper 580W Type-R Modular. Specifically amperages on 12V rail, and stability for overclocking.

2. Are modular PSUs actually any good? Are enough cables included? Are the cables long enough, even for larger cases?

The only reason I'm asking, is because they're pretty much the same price, around 70 pounds. Thanks in advance! :D

It would go with the antec since its cheaper. Modular sucks. The plugs don't get full contact and they corrode after a while which will give you problems down the road.

Antec is for chumps in the UK. You will get ripped off with them (price wise.) Hiper is the only company to make a decent modular PSU.

Anyway for other choices, Tagan and Seasonic are the best ones to get.

The only problem with the Hiper is, I had to use 2 extension cables to get to the bottom right of my case, but then again, my case is HUGE, and I already used the longer cables. ;)

Well, ebuyer is selling the TPII 550W for 60GBP, so I don't think it's that much, pretty much the same price as the Hiper or Tagan PSUs. Its just everybody keeps recommending the Antecs here, so it's hard to know what good, STABLE PSUs are..........

Thanks for everyone's replies so far, keep them coming! :D

No, not every company.

Seasonic are actually cheaper in the UK (before tax at 17.5%) - I am struggling to find more examples. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom