Will this work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

turboturtle

Beta member
Hi, Im a newbie to this site and Im going about builing my own computer. I was hoping you could tell me whether the components Ive selected will work together? I dont want a super-fast gaming machine, but I still want it to be good enough that I won't have to upgrade it too soon (My PC right now is a 500mhz Pentium Celeron, 20gb hdd, 256mb ram etc...).

Motherboard = Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe
Processor = AMD Athlon 2600+
Case = Quartz Silver Black case
Hard Drive = 160GB Maxtor DMax+9 SATA150/7200 8MB
Memory = Kingmax "Turbo" 512Mb 3500 Fast DDR
Monitor = 17" Iiyama VisionMaster 1403
Keyboard & Mouse = Wireless Keyboard & Wireless Optical Mouse PS/2
Graphics Card = ATI Radeon 9200 128MB DDR AGP
Floppy Drive = Internal 7-in-1 media drive
Speakers = Apollo 2.1 System, 600W

I chose pretty much all of them from dabs.co.uk. aria.co.uk or amazon.co.uk.

Thanks a lot :D

Nice start, but I doubt your mobo will support upto PC3500:confused: I'd imagine it will only support DDR333, in which case you'll be able to save abit of money and probably get a better video card;) How much are you looking at spending for that RAM and Radeon 9200?:confused:

The mobo can handle DDR 400 (PC3200) ....

N' i also think that u should really conisder a different AGP card ...atleast a 9600 radeon or 5600fx

Thanks guys. Ive got a budget of between £500-£600 and what ive posted is about the right money... The memory is £62.28 and the Graphics card is £39.95. I can afford to go a bit lower/higher on these but not by too much! :beard:

Do any of you know where I can get cheaper prices on any of these things, bearing in mind Im in the UK (Im not sure where most of you are from...:eek: )?

Thanks again

You can get 400mhz and not the Turbo one because the thing really changes performance in memory is how much not which speed and than get a better video card

I'd go with a Seagate hard drive - not very expensive, very reliable, very quiet and very good quality

Kingston 2x256MB PC3200 (400MHZ) RAM - not the most expensive but one of the best quality, the RAM quality is very important

Saphire, Powercolor or ATI Radeon 9600 Pro or XT, 128MB

save your money by not going wireless on your mouse & keyboard, they have higher latency (more noticable in games like Counterstrike) and you constantly have to replace batteries or recharge

get any case you like, just make sure you have got a descent PSU so you won't fry your mobo, or so you don't have too little power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom