Media on pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ksingler

In Runtime
Hey, I think I deleted a media player on accident, and now on some pages that would show pictures, its just white with a little red 'X' at the top left. For example, on myspace.. for the music player, its white w/ a red X, and also on myspace music videos, its the same big white box with a red X. Do you know what media player I need to be able to view these again, maybe macromedia player? or a different one?

Ksing

Re:

Hello,

You can't delete Windows Media Player, as such. If you can run WMP from windows without any problem, it's most probably a scripting error that's causing the problem.

Does this happen on other webpages with WMP embedded?

Can you see WMP in the top right corner of this webpage?:
http://www.mediacollege.com/video/format/windows-media/streaming/embed.html

...If you can then it's a scripting error on the webpage, and not a problem on your PC.

go to add/remove, add/remove windows components and see if WMP is unchecked, if so,check it back, if it is checked, uncheck it to unstall it, reboot, then go back and re-check it and then see what happens

After i saw a topic that you started Warez in the tips/tutorials section, I decided to switch to firefox, and I dont have that problem no more.

Well I'm not a fan of FF, I just found it so I posted it, I should have edited it with IE instead of FF .

hehe, oh, well, for the most part, it seems pretty good, except for when im on espn.com to check the world cup updates! it wont let me click on the tabs on the main page.. any ideas? and I mean all tabs, NFL, NHL, NBA, NASCAR etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom