7900 GT OC not such a good idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno, I hear people get uber artifacts if because of bad memory or something.

I'm not even gunna try OCin my 7900gtkosc. Besides, its already 580/1580...

well I just ran source, call of duty 2, and far cry and it seemed perfectly stable :)

I think I may go higher :D

I have a 06 score of about 7100. My temps are decent, and I get about 100fps average in BF2 on highest settings. Until I find a game that I cant run on highest settings smoothly, I am just going to leave it as is.

ok well it seems like Iv reached My cards limit :)

it seems to be 596/925

I might look into Volt modding it, but Im very happy so far.

arg me and my OCD would love coolbits or rivatuner to get to at least 600 so its all even :D

oh well :p

Ok well I decided I want to volt mod the GPU

Il be doing the 1.4 V mod...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/spazmaster666/7900vmoddiag6qw.jpg

Seems simple enough :)

But I still want to read on heat.....

Im at 41 C idle...

I think a 1.4 V mod would be perfect...1.5 Seems like it would get too hot...

Would love to crank the core up to 650 and up So Il be doing it this weekend after some more extensive reading :)

Iv also decided to leave the memory volt mod out of the situation only becuase I dont think its worth it and plus my memory is already clocked real high

Also: Is there a diffrence between vf700 and 900 I heard it was like 2 degreese celcius...

any input?

The voltmod was easy for me, but I didnt use conductive pen, I used a wire and solder. More reliable to me. At 1.55v my card never reached 50C, but I had two 111CFM fans blowing over it. Memory voltmod was easy but I did not seem do gain that much performance. Either way I could only bench with the memory at 939. I like the VF900, I have 2 and they work great. Between the two is your choice.

If you need any help just PM me.

The General said:
I dunno, I hear people get uber artifacts if because of bad memory or something.

I'm not even gunna try OCin my 7900gtkosc. Besides, its already 580/1580...
They get artifacts because the voltage regulators can handle the mem volts because the Samsung memory is supposed to be at 2.0v but Nvidia has it at 2.2v.

:)

well Im going to be putting a 120 MM fan on it so Im guessing my load temp will be around 58.

See Thats why I didnt want to do the memory mod becuase I see minimal performance gain, plus mine is at 925 right now wich is high enough :D

So Il be doing this later tonight if my bro can get me one from his shop.....

Il be sure to post pictures, Im hoping for a 650 Core or higher :D

nice job, and it seems an even nicer job planned. yes, do post pics!
you card clearly doesnt have the problems, or it would have arti'd long ago.
~suscribed~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom