Problem with XP Opening new Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brain

Baseband Member
Hi There,
This has just started for me, and it is becoming very annoying. Its XP BTW. Basically, when I launch My Computer or Windows Explorer, I keep getting the Folder's listed down the left hand side of the window. I am able to browse through the subdirectories normally and without issues, just annoying when Im not used to having the hierarchy view down the left side. Here is where it gets weird. When I disable the "Folders", when I double click a sub folder, it keeps opening it up in a new window, even though I have the option for "Open in same window" selected. Ive tried restoring defaults and all that Jazz, but no go. Any ideas?

Thanks

Sorry about the late reply, I thought I had put a reply in yesterday. Basically I just like the view where it displays in details, and when I click on a folder, it opens within the same window. These options are both selected and work fine, but as I said, on the left side, the folder list appears, which I dont want. When I remove the folder list, then when I double click a folder, it opens in a new window even though that option is not selected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom