Need Help Fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik

In Runtime
Alright, I'm usually not one to ask for help, but I installed something today that has installed like 6 other programs. I went into Add/Remove programs and tried uninstalling everything but it's still not all gone. Stuff keeps popping up, pop up ads I guess. But I don't even have to have anything open and they pop up. Having an IE window open helps because my Google Toolbar blocks a lot of them.

I need some software to get rid of this shit. PLEASE HELP IT'S ****ING HELL

damnn...sorry i cant help

but i have a friend whos cpu got messed n he gets like 100 of those messages at once.... like advertisements n all

Download spybot and adaware from download.com and then run spybot, followed by a restart (if it asks)...and then adaware to pick up what was missed...again followed by a restart (again if it asks). By the way, by "asks", I mean that it offers to run itself on the next restart if there was something that "locked" itself so that it could not be removed while explorer and all other services (and itself) are running.

Sounds like you got hit by spyware.

HoLoCroN said:
Have you tried running Ad-Aware www.lavasoftusa.com
How about checking for viruses?

I would still run spybot first. It seems to get the bulk of the stuff, while ad-aware will pick up the pieces afterwards. They only compliment each other, so having them both is a win-win situation.

I didn't install Spybot but I did install and run Ad-Aware after uninstalling all programs which could have caused problems, and now all the pop ups and annoyances have stopped. I am very happy. There were like 250 items total. After being quarentened I deleted the archives. I should be all safe now :D

Thanks a lot guys.

It doesen't physically damage your hardware. Often it take up system resources like CPU power and memory and slows down your machine.

I once got all these popup ads that came up every 5 mins, even when not connected.
I went tinto the registry, searched for anything saying 'popup' and sifted through deleting the suspicious ones but being careful not to delete the wrong ones
the problem stopped after that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom