Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
RC1 is the next step after Beta 2. They go thru RC before the official release. This is the stage where they gather all the bug reports from the Public and fix them so that the wide variety of PC's that run Vista now all have different configs.

This way they get the most support for the most systems out there. There is RC1, RC2, and RC3. In most cases. There was for Whistler. So that way when Vista gets released Officially they will have the best possible OS available.

Since all the hard coding is done for Vista, where all teh goodies are coded in. Now all they have to do is fix bugs that occur. Like Applications, games, and so on.

i suddenly lost all interest in vista yesterday... not really sure why.... it hay have to do with the fact that i found the sheet that says i am $850 in the red :(

tommyboy123x said:
i suddenly lost all interest in vista yesterday... not really sure why.... it hay have to do with the fact that i found the sheet that says i am $850 in the red :(
wat is that interest about buddy , i don't get it lolz

One of the most important features shipping in Windows Vista has also become the most contentious: User Account Control. While businesses and users alike have asked for improved security, the feature's barrage of pop-up windows has left those running beta builds simply annoyed.

Microsoft senior product manager for Windows Vista security Russel Humphries promised UAC would be "refined" in future builds. Beta 2 made a number of changes to reduce the number of end-user prompts, he said, and an upcoming CTP build will simplify things further."

Microsoft will not, however, utilize a "sticky" verification process. Apple's Mac OS X operating system only asks users to enter their password once and it is remembered for the rest of the time they are logged on. Humphries said this could open the door to security attacks, even if the possibility is minimal.

Nonetheless, Microsoft promises it will address the feedback it has received as it prepares Windows Vista Release Candidate 1, and intends to make refinements as needed. "Security is a process," Humphries said, "not just a feature."

http://www.betanews.com/article/Vista_Account_Protection_Being_Refined/1150139864

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom