HD problemo

Status
Not open for further replies.

worrwhorre

Baseband Member
recently i've been having some problems with my hard drive. i've been getting the infamous blue screen every now and then for no apparent reason and i would have to restart the computer. but when i restart, my hardrive can't be found but if i wait ten minutes, it reappears. then i had a problem with windows so i had to repair it using the cd but in the middle of the repair process, i got another blue screen and i had to restart. that happened one more time and then i wasn't able to repair. now my windows has disappeared. i was going to reformat but my hard drive disappeared, again. is my hard drive dying on me?

i have a western digital 300gb hard drive. my system is only about 9 months old.

the blue screen normally has an error code write it down and post it.

A blue screen could be many things although doubt its your hard drive. Iv had hard drive die and never had a blue screen could be your RAM, CPU or motherboard.

baronvongogo said:
the blue screen normally has an error code write it down and post it.

A blue screen could be many things although doubt its your hard drive. Iv had hard drive die and never had a blue screen could be your RAM, CPU or motherboard.

i can't write it down since i can't get into windows anymore. my hard drive doesn't show up sometimes, almost like im unplugging it. i don't think RAM or CPU can effect my hard drive not showing up.

the hard drive boots and the connections are good. it just doesn't show up sometimes and i don't want install windows again if im gonna have to get a new hd.

have you run checkdisk in windows?

go to my computer click on your hard drive or partitions. Choose properties then in the box that appears click tools at the top.

then click check now where it says error checking. check both boxes and run it.

Apart from that im stumped sorry.

maybe yhat your memory is defective thats why the blue screen appear.
why not try using other memory or try cleaning your memory teeth. about your HD try checking if its properly installed.

how can my memory effect my hard drive not showing?

jumpers are good. its a SATA drive if that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom