How Much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeremyM

Beta member
What do you think I can get for my current computer?

•AMD ATHLON™64 3500+ CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology
•ASUS A8N-SLI Premium nForce4 SLI Chipset SATA RAID Dual PCIE MB w/Gb-LAN,USB2.0,IEEE-1394,&7.1Audio
•768 MB1 (512MBx1,256MBx1) PC3200 400MHz Dual Channel DDR MEMORY
•80 GB Hard Drive
•NVIDIA Geforce 6800 GS 256MB DDR3 PCI EXPRESS VIDEO CARD
•16X DVD ROM
•CD-RW 700mbs
•COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 Case
•380W Power Supply
•Cooling System: 1 x 80mm front fan, 1 x 120mm rear fan

Case
A1306226_5.jpg

I also have some spare parts...

•NVIDIA Geforce MX 420 VIDEO CARD
•Intel Pentium 4 Processor 2.4 GHz
•250W DELL Power Supply
•DELL Cooling Fan (I don't even know the demensions...probably not even worth the space it takes up)

Can you give me 2 seperate amounts? The entire computer and the spare parts. Please and thank you!

I'd say maybe 450-500 for the machine and the parts... I'll give you my son... (Slave labor laws prohibit, him doing windows though!) :D LMAO
ok, dang... say 100 (if that, cause the only thing that's worth anything is the CPU and GPU... and both of those are outdated now)

Hmmm it's odd you guys say so low...I posted on another forum and they said I would be getting about $750 for the computer and $100 for the processor...Are you guys talking about what I would get on these forums?

no, not really... just giving into account the fact that all this new hardware/software is getting ready to jump out and most people who like to keep up wouldn't want the outdates (so-to-speak) and that doesn't mean your system is outdated... Not yet anyway, just on it's way... it also doesn't mean you wouldn't get more, just not much more... but then it'll depend on where you sell... if you get more then awesome... can I have 10% :D

I agree, around $500 for your machine, and your parts I think are pretty much scrap, although you may be able to shift the proccessor for around $50 and the card for $20-$30.

If you really need the money, you might be able to sell locally for a little more...if you care to take a chance on ebay you can unload 'em there...but the longer you hold on the cheaper they will become.

That's what truly sucks about computers. The value drops so fast.

Mayyyybe if you were to pretend you were living 10 years in the past... A Pentium 2 would be considered high-end technology, and you could get a complete system for like 40 bucks! Only thing is shielding yourself from any modern computers. It would ruin the whole plan.

I can't really remember what was IN back in 1996 anyway. Backstreet Boys, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom