Video Car Fan Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millenniumtiger

In Runtime
My new Radeon 9550 didn't come with a fan and it's been overheating which has decreased my performance drastically. I know its the card overheating because i have a regular fan from my house blowing at the back of the case and then performance goes right back up. So my question is: can i buy any fan for the card and install it?

What kind of case do you have... you might have to install another fan is you have the slot, but then you may not have one... I wouldn't suggest a slot fan... they really don't do much other than move hot air (and not that much of it either) over the card... check out your case first... you might have open slots to add. Give us a model and we can check it out...

I have an old dell dimension 8200 case. I think i need to replace the existing fan as well tho because my mobo always gives a "previous fan failure" error whenever i bood up.

Also, what do fan slots look like? That way, i know what i'm looking for.

undo the stock clips, and clip this one in the holes which you took the old clips out of. If you still cant figure it out, read the manual

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom