New Build, Conroe Ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaackoran

In Runtime
Ok so here it is...ive decided to ditch amd in favor of something that i can plop a conroe into later, hopefully a few months after it is out. Here are the specs:

prices in canadian

Pentium D 805 (want to oc it big time) (150$)
Zalman CPNS7500LED (65$)
Intel D975xbx Bad Axe Motherboard (rev 304 hopefully for conroe) 300$
2x 512mb G.Skill DDR2/800 200$
Ati x1600xt (its 100$ private sale) 130$
Asus Vento Red Case 180$ or q pack 105$
OCZ Powerstream 520W SLI 140$
Seagate 7200.1 RPM 16MB Cache 300GB HDD 110$

So this is basically a compatibility check...and ill accept all opinions on the subject. Also does this motherboard support sli or not?...could it unnofficially support sli? or just crossfire...Also is the cpu compat?

I personally would wait to get a board for Conroe after it's released, or unless the board specifically states "Conroe Ready!" That board will not support SLI. Nforce chipsets I believe are the only ones that can support SLI, because Nvidia is greedy :). As for crossfire, I don't know. Either way, SLI or Crossfire, they aren't worth it. Something that I wanna know is if Nvidia's new 7950GX2 will work on a non-Nforce motherboard since it's SLI on 1 card.

yeah it supports crossfire.. does the 805 work in this thing?

Also whats a good mobo for around 100-150$ (doesnt need sli or cross) for the d 805.. then i can chuck in a new conroe and mobo later..

So its either

Bad axe (250$)+ 805 then add conroe later

or

805+cheaper good oc mobo (130$?) and get a new conroe and mobo later.

Either way it would be like 50$ more for adding both conroe and new mobo later..while buying a cheaper mobo in its place.

I like ati cards anyways, so i think crossfire would do me fine.

o yeah and i was looking at the aspire q pack as well... do normal atx psu fit in there? Are there any good OCable boards that are micro atx and fit the 805?

Get the Intel "Bad Axe," its wut fugger and other ppl on XS have been usin to bench and OC conroe, fugger got his to 4.99GHz (6600, 10 sec PI test). The "Bad Axe is an execelent OCer and SLI? PFF CROSSFIRE PWNS!!! (lol sry JP). Or you could wait till the end of june and get a 965 chipset or a revisioned 975X chipset (thats wut i'm doin). If you want the link for the 4.99GHz conroe, PM me.

i wanna know if all of the revs will work...cus its hard to pick which one you get... i agree on the crossfire issue as well... SLI seems to have hit a wall while ATI keeps improving ( now news of ppu + 2 gpu in 3 pcie slots!). Not to mention the video quality is better...everyone always looks at the FPS comparisons... when the images between a top of the line nvidia are much different then how the same thing is displayed ATI style. That being said..more games are built on the nvidia platforms and drivers seem to be better and more compat on nvidia's chipsets.

Anyway it would be great if anyone had info on my previous questions... im gonna now post the prices for everything.

sry about not bein specific, only the rev 304 Bad Axe supports conroe and only a limited supply have been released, i kno there was a guy on XS sellin some and i think i saw a store from the UK on XS that sold them too. Also with the ppu + 2gpus, Nvidia announced they are goin to try and use that too but i'm sure ATI will win (once again JP, i love ATI though). heres a list of the mobos comin out that support conroe: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=101408

The ATI and NVidia motherboards may perform better. I heard that they may come out with a FSB of 2000mhtz.

yeah but they say intel cores with intel boards... so pick either cpu or gpu. I dunno i dont think nvidia/ati/intel part matters... just what its made of.

Dont like the vento? I like its car quality paint job...i was also looking at the q pack.. as well as the lanboy. Tsunami is alright as well as the lian li pc-v1100.

Like i said ill take suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom