Stuck in the Recycle Bin

Status
Not open for further replies.

geordief

Baseband Member
I have a folder that I deleted from Temporary Internet Files and it is marooned in no mans land in the Recycle Bin because it contains files with a bad filename (long with odd characters)
I wonder is it dangerous to leave it there and how could I remove it.I am in WindowsME

baronvongogo said:
nice software :D neverheard of it before thanks.

Would CCleaner fix his problem too?

yeah i was gunna say ccleaner may do it because that cleans an awful lot of things on a pc.

I often have things in my recyle bin, empty it and then it still has the little piece of paper sticking out even though its got nothing in there!

I think either a reboot and using ccleaner gets rid of that though

TheRecluse said:
you tried removing it in safe mode?
well I have now.Din't work.Is it too stupid to actually delete (rename etc) the Recycle Bin in Explorer?I think I did it once and of course it reappeared but I don't think that was the end of it as another problem was born (its a long time ago now so I have forgotten what actually happened)

jonny_uk said:
yeah i was gunna say ccleaner may do it because that cleans an awful lot of things on a pc.

I often have things in my recyle bin, empty it and then it still has the little piece of paper sticking out even though its got nothing in there!

I think either a reboot and using ccleaner gets rid of that though
Yeah, cCleaner cleans up your computer pretty good. I run it regulary to clear the Firefox cookies and temporary internet files and etc. etc.

I am afraid that cCleaner wasn't up to removing my particular file with the awkward filename.
Any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom