hardware overheating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

COD2_fanatic

Daemon Poster
Just to start off as far as i can tell my problem is being cause by overheating.

I was playing CS:S doing my usual and it exited without me clicking a thing i got a couple "end now" boxes like normal when i shutdown, and then my computer restarted itself, i turned it back on and it done it again (this happened about 3 times, even in Safe Mode).

I let it sit for a while (off) and it's been working fine, so my only guess is that something overheated.

My video card (XFX 6600GT) runs at about 65C average and i have no way of reading my CPU temp (P4 3.0GHz)

I'm posting just to see if anyone can help me and make sure my suspictions are correct.

Just used a simple method of fixing it,

i took it out and the computer has been running fine, although i did come to find out my computer was infected and i had to dump HD (sadly), but i'll have to mess with the video card

Although i do beleive the problem was the fact that my computer was infected.

just a quick question my CPU is running at about 54C (not under load) is this rather hot? Personally i think it is but, an answer from someone that knows more about CPU temps would help

its a little hot for my comfort mine runs 38 idle and 44 on full load. and my CPU is overclocked.
You're also comparing vastly different CPUs and probably climates as well.

I don't know much about Intel CPU's so I couldn't tell ya. Generally, yeah 54C isn't too good to be sitting at just for idle especially. The intel prescott chips ran really hot though I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom