Questions About a Few New Parts for a Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can afford the extra then yes although the 4200+ looks good and can be overclocked to match. Seems odd.... the 4400+ thats out of stock has a bigger L2 cache than both the 4200+ and the 4600+ its just clocked lower.... hmmm odd.

Well anyway get the 4600+ if you can afford it or get the 4200+ and overclock it.

would it be hard to oc the 4200 up to 2.4 from 2.2? ive never oced a amd 2 proc before except a little bit

Im not sure about that fan but thier not my thing :) I live and breathe stock fans lol

yes it should be fine I overclocked my 3200+ with stock fan and value ram by 330MHz so getting 200Mhz for a new dual core CPU should be easy.

yes looks good, where you ok with the negative comments about the motherboard?

And you might want to get ram at a higher frequency you will loose the timing speed but will give more head room if you want to overclock more.

think this ram is better:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820227047

you wont get any improvement over the 939 if using ram below 667 I think. Admittedly its only a small improvement of like 1- 7% lol.

baronvongogo said:
yes looks good, where you ok with the negative comments about the motherboard?

And you might want to get ram at a higher frequency you will loose the timing speed but will give more head room if you want to overclock more.

think this ram is better:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820227047

you wont get any improvement over the 939 if using ram below 667 I think. Admittedly its only a small improvement of like 1- 7% lol.

thanks

and for the mobo, most of the people liked it, and theres more good there then on the other boards so im going with it

THanks for your help

EDIT: Im looking for more gaming instead of OCing so is the second RAM better than my first pic?

no problem Sorry couldnt help with the fan google it see if you can find anything.

Or try the overclockers section on tech forums and look for AM2 fans.

And considering thats the only nforce 590 motherboard on there then yep worth getting lol :) have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom