Hot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

etomic13

Baseband Member
My CPU idles at 91F and my mobo usually does to. but after i play a game for a half an hour my Cpu got upto 109F is this bad. BTW my mobo's temp stayed the same.

Thank you and what temperature should i get worried (you guys are probably laughing but this is the first computer i've ever built so....) also the temperature program alarm went off when my PSU's fan got to 127F. (oh yes also the CPU is a P4 2.0 GHz

109F would be about 43C, and 91F would be about 33C, so no, not too bad, depending on what proc and mobo you have.

Start getting alarmed around 60-65C. If it gets any higher than say 68, I'd chop it off.

Of course, that rarely happens.

BTW, why is your computer reporting everything in degrees F?

Usually, usually, No one would want to go over 60C on load temps on their processor. But if you have some certain ones, including those Intel P4's those can go up to eh 80C on stock lol.

in response to another to another reply its a MSI V class mobo and yea i heard the prescotts heat up real quick. (and its the program replying in Farenheit because i told it it too because im too retarded for celcius lol. Its hard to think about 40 degrees being hot but 127 degress now that sounds hot.

No worries, most people rely on degree's C vice F, so set you temp monitor to that and you shouild be good, but I agree.. your temps are fine

40ºC you guys need to learn how to make the degrees symbol!!!

Just press alt and hold it down then press 0,1,8,6 on the keypad in that order than let go of the alt button!!!

thanks for the info Norcent.

If i'm lucky, at idle, my PC will get 32ºC. Normally, its about 35ºC, and while running stuff, its at 40ºC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom