Veritas 9.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
could u restore the server back to when it worked (without corrupting any of its functionality for the network obviously) and try that?

bradybnmci said:
I would probably uninstall/re-install completely from scratch. Seems like there is an applicational issue that is confused on the v.8 - v.9 install...

I tried that also. I had to delete the remote agent installer from the registry to reinstall Veritas because it didnt remove it completly. After I did that, it installed fine but still no full backup without errors

From a troubleshooting stand point, you have done everything on the general scale... might be a registry entry that the 9.0 added that is messing things up.

That looks to be the case. I called them last week, has some foreign dude pick up, couldnt hardly under understand what the **** he was sayin

Warez Monster said:
That looks to be the case. I called them last week, has some foreign dude pick up, couldnt hardly under understand what the **** he was sayin

I hate that!

Well.... Let's see. Sounds like you have completely started from scratch and started over...

Did you delete everything from registry before re-installing it?

Another thought is that the actual tape drive itself is no good anymore, but the timing of the updated software causes us to over look the fact that it might be hardware.

just a thought.

No appendable media could be mounted.
Switching to overwrite operation on scratch media.

thats the error log info

Warez have you tried removing the device itself (tape drive) via the Windows device manager? Then running a scan to let it detect it again? You are running the latest Veritas Drivers for the unit? Give me a quick run down of how this is connected to the server..via SCSI, USB etc etc..is it a single slot tape drive or a larger say Dell Powervault 16 slot multi tape drive unit? I am assuming you have alerady ran a LONG erase on the tapes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom