A Place To list Vista Beta 2 Problem

Do you reply to advice before you try it?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sometimes

• No

• Im to smart for advice!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
talldude123 said:
I hate it.

It doesnt co-operate on my system. It's probably because my system is underpowered for Vista.

Also drivers are hard to find. It's better to use a transformation pack with XP installed.

I've hate every version of vista (longhorn) except this one. My media center part of vista doesn't recognize my mouse clicking on it, so
I have to keyboard everything in it and control, alt, delete it when I want to quit.

update. the nvidia driver from the website seems to only work on the vga part of vista.

once I get the bug out, I will be using this. I use to have your " I going to use xp with the transformation pack". but I love this new version of vista, so I'm going to continually try to fix the bugs

it has improve on it's error reporting features, I see

errorreport.jpg

my drivers for my PC are kinda weird:

C-Media Sound Chipset on mobo (supports mobo audio)

Intel 845 Video Chipset on mobo (Vista supports 865)

Realtek Network Card (PNP)

I disconnect my analog and my dvi and tv optput will work. however I end back up with my original problem. low resolution at startup

I used my drive image cd to boot back up my mce xp partition (restore mbr and pqboot). I'll try to run vista alongside with mce instead of dual boot

I recently acquired vista the other day and when I went to install it(clean install on 2nd partition), it told me that it could not identify any of my hard disks. I have a SATA Raid 0 config on an nForce3 ultra mobo and from what I can see, I havent been able to find any drivers or news releases from MSI or nVidia saying what can be done about this sort of situation.

I read somewhere else however that you may be able to manually load the drivers through an upgrade install while in windows but when I put my DVD in that I burned I get no autorun or anything prompting me to upgrade or install or anything.

Any help would be monumental for my self esteem. **** you M$!!!

Laser your problem lies with the nForce 3 RAID Config. Vista doesnt recognize it. Vista has a problem with the nForce boards as it is but add RAID to it and you are out of luck.

Vista doesnt have support for RAID yet. That is one of the biggest problems that have plagued Vista since Beta 1.

Ok i got another problem with Ghost Recon 3. Profile's do not save when you exit the game and when playing online, in between games when its loading the game will sumtimes close down :(

i have a question for anyone who has found drivers that actually work for their 3D GPU's.

does this beta include the Aero desktop feature? if so, how functional is it?

Mentali$T said:
Ok i got another problem with Ghost Recon 3. Profile's do not save when you exit the game and when playing online, in between games when its loading the game will sumtimes close down :(

I had a problem with some things not saving as they should, though it was trying to save to C:\. What I found was Windows Vista disallows programs to save files in the C:\, or at least this particular one. The program was trying to write a simple text file to the C:\, and kept giving me I/O errors when attempt to read/write to it. I had to give "Users" full control of the file, even though I was logged in as an admin. It is just a thought, but maybe the "Users" account does not have full control over the file.

To change the security:

Right Click on the file that you need to change the security on.
>>> Properties
Click on the "Security" Tab
Click "Edit" Button
Click on "Users"
Check "Full Control"

Hopefully that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom