How do you afford this?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I make over twenty dollars an hour and work a lot of overtime running a heatset web printing press, I could have bought a better computer build, but I have too many telescopes and accessories to buy and build, now that is expensive.

i've been stuck at copy max making 9 dollars an hour as a desktop publisher (which is stressful and i hate it...) my days.... 40 hours a week while attending highschool... its a drag... i'm planning on applying at best buy, even though i'll get paid less, hopefully one day moving up to geek squad! getting paid to read faq's i hear

003 said:
A lot of the people here, while they won't say it, had their parents buy them their whole system. You would be surprised.

I earn $30 an hour teaching old people how to use microsoft office.

I give you a ton of credit. I did that for two weeks at a local senior center, but i did it as a volunteer, community service thing.

I can't say that I had much fun nor would i ever pick that again to help the community. I'd rather smash my head into a wall...

wiouxev said:
what training etc/age and all that as far as requirements go is needed to do that job, 003? Teaching that..
It's not a REAL job, where the money is taxed, but I sign up on a list at my school that I would be willing to help them, and I get notified when there are people that would be interested in me. I am 15, and as soon as I turn 16 I want to quit this job and work for the geek squad at best buy.

I intent to do an overhall of my comp in about a month or two, but i current work on checkouts at a local supermarket at £5.05 an hour. I currently do about 20 hours a week so around £400 a month. I have just started my uni holiday so i'll probably sign up for loads of overtime.

JOb is fairly recent though, before then i had next to nothing, trying to make £100 stretch a month is really hard work. Harder than a job lol.

I had my first job as a paper boy during 6th grade. Made a good chunk of change doing that. All that money went into the bank, next job i had was a summer community job. Made minimum and worked for about 4 weeks. Then i worked for my uncle as a motorcycle mechanic. I made about 350 euros for about 1 weeks worth of work. Then I was a painter/cleaner for a contractor. $8.15/hour full time 40hr a week. Made quite abit of cash doing that. All the money from those jobs was stashed in my bank. I used quite abit of that buying me new computer.

I might have another job lined up when i get back from Germany this summer. I was recommended to a Union Sheet Metal workers rep. I have to call him up and talk to him about a job. Those guys make good money.

Advice for you, go stand out on a street corner and sell yourself, sell some drugs or w/e. Just learn the importance of money and dont spend it all in 1 place. ;)

I'm in the military so I get shot at for a living... (but I really don't do Squat!) So in the mean time someone pays me and what the other half doesn't use I spent on parts! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom